WordPress.org Build Your Own Free World Class Website
Before you read on take a look at the WordPress Showcase to see exactly what we mean by World Class.
These are the type of websites you can build and publish yourself with little or no coding knowledge.
You own and have total control over every aspect of the website, all you need is your own domain name and hosting. Everything else you need to design, build, publish and maintain a WordPress website is free and easy to do with little or no technical skills.
A typical website costs a few pounds a year for the Domain Name and from under £10.00 a month for the hosting, websites are cheap it's the time spent on designing, building and maintaining them that costs the money.
To self build a world-class website with WordPress.org you need 7 things:-
1. Time:- You save money by investing time so clear a couple of hours a day to devote solely to building your website. We estimate 6 - 36 hours to get your website designed, built and published. depending on size & content.
2. A plan:- You need an idea of what you want your website to look like and how to get there. See our article on How to Create a Website it also has a section on time management.
3. A domain name:- This is your web address 'www.mywebsite.com' you can read about how to select one in our How To Choose a Domain Name article. We have the worlds largest regioster of domains names, use our domain search to find yours
4. A Hosting package:- You need somewhere to store your website so people can see it, we have a large range of hosting plans to suit every need. For a guide on hosting see our article on Hosting Your Website.
5. WordPress:- This is the open source (free) CMS that enables you to create, maintain and publish your website.
6. A page building tool:- Needed to create your website we have selected 2 free tools which are very easy to use and powerful enough to let you build a world-class website without spending a penny. See our article on WordPress page builders.
7. Patience :- You need to follow step by step instructions from a guide or video, take your time, work steadily, take regular breaks, and you'll avoid mistakes and get great results.
What you don't need:-
- Technical knowledge
- Coding know how
- Big budget
Take a look at our Article on How To Create A Website In 10 Steps to see how to get started with yours.
There are 100s of guides online showing you how to use WordPress, there's so much information that it is easy to get overwhelmed, it's like seeing 500 books on how to boil an egg, that much info makes it seem complicated, but when you get down to boiling that egg you wonder what all the fuss was about.